OVERHIRE STAGE ELECTRICIANS
City Theatre is seeking part-time overhire stage electricians for our 2019-2020 season.
Description and Requirements:
- Stage Electricians will assist in the load-in, hang, and focus of show elements, under the direction of the Master Electrician and in accordance with the concepts set forth by the Lighting Designer.
- Must be knowledgable in the proper hang and use of theatrical lighting instruments.
- Must have an understanding of proper setup and use DMX technology as it pertains to stage lighting.
- Dates are limited and vary as-needed based on the demands of each production, beginning late August through early June.
- Hours may vary anywhere from 4-12 hours and will be established prior to each shift by the ME.
- Must be comfortable working with heights or in enclosed spaces for prolonged periods.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, oral, visual. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work productively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with staff, management, vendors and artists.
- Must be willing to carry up to 30 pounds, as well as be comfortable working at heights up to 15’ on ladders.
- This position encompasses many physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting, bending, climbing, standing and sitting for long periods of time, and/or walking.
- Pay: $12.25/hr
City Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In building an equitable work environment, the organization values diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. It does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. City is committed to building a team that reflects its values and encourages all interested candidates to apply.
To apply please send resume and a brief cover letter to Greg Messmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact with any inquiries.