Auditions and Employment
Custodial & Facilities Manager
City Theatre seeks reliable and dedicated Custodial & Facilities Manager to maintain the upkeep of its facilities. This position will include, but is not limited to, maintaining the building in a clean and orderly condition along with general maintenance. The ideal candidate is careful and thorough, cleaning and tidying the premises with great care and an eye for detail.
Custodial Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for cleaning and maintaining building housekeeping standards. This includes vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and disinfecting all interior areas using established protocols and cleaning supplies. Areas include theater, lobbies, offices, production center, rehearsal hall, and dressing rooms distributed over four adjacent buildings.
· Applies disinfectants and cleaners according to established safety procedures.
· Empties trash/recycling receptacles and transport waste to onsite dumpsters.
· Performs minor repair and maintenance as authorized by administrative/production staff.
· Restock necessary items, such as soap, sanitizers and paper products. Maintain inventory and request cleaning supplies and materials needed.
· Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all bathroom and dressing room facilities, including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors
· General outdoor services and maintenance, such as pickup of litter, watering/weeding plants, sweeping entry areas, cleaning doors and entrances
· Safe and proper use of pest control deterrents to prevent infestation
· Assure safety during inclement weather to including shoveling, salting, providing slip protection on wet floors.
· Adheres to safety measures for cleaning, lifting, moving, and operating equipment.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
· Ability to work in a busy environment with members of the public, volunteers, production crews, and artists.
· Detail-oriented and conscientiousness
· Some professional work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role a plus
· Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and appliances and how to maintain them and understanding of safety protocols
· Comfortable with basic landscaping and maintenance tasks
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing and moving while working. Employee must have the ability to crouch, bend over, climb stairs, be on feet for extended periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds required.
· Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends. Hours/days will vary in accordance with show schedule or special events.
This position is non-exempt (hourly) with an estimated full-time schedule of at least 35 hours/week. It is eligible for City Theatre benefits, including health insurance. The hourly rate range is $13-$15/hour. The position is open immediately.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls. Due to the nature and sensitive access of this position, a backgound check may be conducted.
ABOUT CITY THEATRE:
Founded in 1975, City Theatre is in its 45th season as Pittsburgh’s home for bold new plays. Located in the historic South Side on its four-building cultural campus, the company produces a season of regional and world premieres; its renowned Young Playwrights Festival, celebrating its 20th year; a season-long reading series of new works in progress; and the annual Momentum Festival. City Theatre’s mission is to provide an artistic home for the development and production of contemporary plays of substance and ideas that engage and challenge a diverse audience. With an annual average operating budget of $3 million, City Theatre is the largest performing arts organization not located in Pittsburgh’s downtown Cultural District and is a constituent and core member of the League of Resident Theaters (LORT), Theatre Communications Group (TCG), and the National New Play Network (NNPN). Marc Masterson returned as Artistic Director in July 2018, after an 18-year absence, to join Managing Director James McNeel as co-leaders of the organization.
City Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In building an equitable work environment, the organization values diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. It does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. City Theatre is committed to building a team that reflects its values and encourages all interested candidates to apply