BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
City Theatre is currently accepting resumes for the position of Box Office Associate. This seasonal, part-time position requires daytime, evening and some weekend availability during performance dates. The position would start immediately with hours ranging between 10 to 20 hours per performance week. Hourly rate is $10.50.
This is a seasonal, part-time, as needed, clerical and customer service position. Excellent customer service skills, both in person and on the phone, and the ability to work evenings and weekends are required. Box Office Associates are considered the ambassadors between the patrons and City Theatre, as such, the relationships between associate and patron are vital to the success of the organization.
Example of responsibilities:
- Greet patrons entering the Box Office and answering incoming telephone calls.
- Process single ticket sales, subscription ticket sales, and subscription ticket exchanges using Tessitura ticketing software.
- Answer questions and provide information regarding City Theatre and our upcoming performances and events.
- Learn and engage with each production by both reading and seeing performances (staff will be provided with free opportunities to see all performances in City Theatre’s main season).
- Perform clerical tasks including filing, copying, and other various office duties.
- Understanding of City Theatre’s accessible programs (ASL Interpretation, Audio Description, Open Caption, etc).
- Managing cash, checks, and credit card transactions in a responsible manner.
- Handling night of show business including ticket will call, pulling reports, walk-up sales, assisting Front of House, and various duties as assigned.
- Assists other departments of the organization (i.e. Marketing, etc) with other tasks as assigned.
We are looking for motivated employees with experience in customer service and general clerical/secretarial work who possess strong oral and written communication skills. Employees must have excellent customer service skills, the capacity to manage a high volume of customer traffic, the propensity to use independent judgment, and the ability to work flexible hours. We are looking for employees who display strong organizational skills, who work with a high level of accuracy and professionalism, who can maintain confidential information, and who have a basic understanding of various computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience using Tessitura (customer relationship management software) is preferred though not required. All Box Office staff will receive comprehensive Tessitura training by the Director of Ticketing & Patron Services. A love or appreciation of theatre/the arts is encouraged.
City Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In building an equitable work environment, the organization values diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. It does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. City is committed to building a team that reflects its values and encourages all interested candidates to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter explaining your strengths for the position as described above and a current résumé to:
Director of Ticketing & Patron Services
City Theatre Company
No phone calls.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you.